Chemical Medical Skin Peels (Auriga Bra® TCA)
At the Suffolk Medical Clinic we have introduced a new range of TCA Chemical Medical Peels (Auriga BRA TCA Peels) which are medium depth peels.
These are excellent medical grade products, providing dramatic results by removing the damaged blemished layers of the skin revealing a brighter, refreshed and smoother skin beneath.
The TCA peels will rejuvenate the skin, improve its radiance and correct skin imperfections. We can treat from 15% to 45% TCA so the strength/depth of the peel will be tailored to suit your skin. For optimal results, a few TCA peels may be required.
Each TCA peel also contains 10% vitamin C as a potent anti-oxidant to help stimulate the synthesis of collagen, enable good exfoliation and prevent pigment rebound, post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation (PIH).
The medium depth peels are designed to reduce the signs of ageing, improving such conditions as:
- Thickening of the outer layer or skin pigmentation marks
- Optimising skin radiance
- Improving the skin texture by reducing dilated/open pores
- Minimising acne scars
- Improving fine lines and skin laxity
- As an adjuvant therapy for current acne
- Waxy appearance and loss of skin tone
After a TCA Peel:
- Initially your skin will probably look red. It will feel tight and dry and look worse than before the peel. This is normal.
- The peeling process can start any time up to 3 days after the treatment. Usually it starts at day 1 or day 2 after treatment, but different areas can peel at different times. Deeper peels may peel more rapidly.
- The peel phase can last several days, but usually, the skin is clear from peeling within 7-10 days of treatment.
- You must avoid direct sunlight/sunbeds and apply sunblock SPF 50 for at least the first 10-14 days after treatment, preferably on a daily basis indefinitely, to preserve the results of the peel. Some skins can remain sensitive to sunlight for 6 months after peels.
- Ideally, make-up should be avoided for at least 24 hours
- The post treatment recovery cream should be applied several times a day until half the tube is gone (one or two days), then:
- A good moisturising cream, such as Dermalogica Skin Smoothing Cream or Super Rich Repair, should be applied regularly, 2-3 times a day for the first 7-10 days, reducing after that to daily, or as necessary.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for at least 12 hours ie aerobics, swimming, running etc
- Do not expose your skin to extremes of temperature for 48 hours
- Avoid products containing retinoids, vitamin A, or alpha hydroxy acids (AHA's) for at least 4 weeks
- During the peel phase, avoid any temptation to pick or peel off the exfoliating skin, as this can leave raw areas, and encourage infection. Let it come away naturally.
- Facial hair should not be lasered/waxed/sugared for first 2 weeks after peel.
|Pre-treatment||Immediately post peel|
|5 days post first peel||14 days post first peel|