An overview of how we collect and use your information.
This document covers:
- the types of information we collect about you
- who we might share it with
- the steps we'll take to make sure it stays private and secure
- your rights to your information
Who we are
When we say 'we', we mean Suffolk Medical Clinic Ltd, 6 Broad Street, Boxford, Sudbury, Suffolk CO10 5DX.
Suffolk Medical Clinic Ltd is our trading name and the directors, Dr Anthony and Jenny O'Neill are the data controllers for the information in this document. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we can use your information.
Jenny O'Neill, as the Registered Manager in a CQC, (Care Quality Commission) regulated premises is the nominated Data Protection Officer
As per current regulatory guidelines, we are registered with ICO https://ico.org.uk/
The information that we collect
We collect information about you from different places including:
- directly from you, your guardian or nominated individual
- from a third party acting on your behalf eg your GP, hospital consultant or pharmacies and other healthcare professionals
- from publicly available sources
- when we generate it ourselves, eg clinical photography
- from other organisations eg Go Cardless and Elavon credit card services
We only collect your information in line with relevant regulations and law and this may relate to any of our products or sevices you intend to have in the future, currently have, or have had in the past.
You are responsible for making sure you give us accurate and up to date information.
How we will use your information
We will use it to provide any products and services you have requested and other purposes, e.g.
- to confirm your identity and address
- to understand your current and past medical history
- to carry our your instructions
- to comply with current care quality commission (CQC) guidelines
- to improve our products and services
- to share, only with your agreement, on social media, eg before and after pictures
- to supply your details to pharmaceutical companies, eg for the provision of medications/prescriptions
We will only use your information where we are allowed to by law, eg carrying our your instructions, fulfilling a legal obligation or within the scope of the CQC.
We may use automated and computer systems to help us make business and medical decisions.
Who we can share your information with
We may share your information with other medical professionals that we work with eg pharmacies
We may share your information with others eg regulators, accountants, insurance companies.
We may share, only with your agreement, on social media, eg before and after pictures, testimonials
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information for as long as you have a relationship with us. After it ends, we will keep it where we may need it for our legitimate purposes, eg to help us respond to queries or complaints and responding to requests from regulators.
We will securely and confidentially destroy your information after a period of 10 years from your last interaction with us. This complys with CQC and medical insurance regulations.
You have a number of rights relating to your information, eg:
- requesting to see what we hold - right of access
- to ask us to share it with another party
- to ask us to update incorrect or incomplete details
- to make a complaint
- to object to personal information being held. Treatment can be withheld